Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → Movies → Movie Characters → Thread

Which Arnold character would you most like to revisit as an older version? 

Poll: Which Arnold character would you most like to see again in his older years?
Total Votes: 30
Dutch Schaeffer
John Matrix
Conan
Harry Tasker
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Arnold for president 2016 - 27 October 2012 12:22 PM

http://www.facebook.com/VoteArnoldSchwarzeneggerForPresident2016?ref=hl

Sorry, I do not have a Facebook account and do not want one. Please do write your opinion on this thread so that I can read it as well as everyone else does too. Then only can reply.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-11-01

PM

The problem with every Conan movie is that they have not followed any Howard Conan story, except tangentially. Much of the first movie was actually from the earlier Kull stories (the wizard, the sidekick, Thulsa Doom). The Destroyer was such a hodge-podge script with too many attempts to put in popular icons of the day that it lost cohesion early.
Howard’s Conan was an apex predator, as well as a thief, pirate, mercenary, womanizer, and boozer.
The original movie allowed enough of the character to shine through, though fleetingly, to give some creedence to his moral ambiguity. The addition of an gladiatorial enslavement, as well as a vengeance drive, gave the audience of the day the ability to see him as a product of victimization, and so allowed a barbarian who wasn’t really greed-driven and bloodthirsty for the sheer sake of battle, as Howard’s stories paint in no uncertain terms.
Foregoing the Destroyer and Jason Momoa (not his fault… Conan 3-D was such a departure that I searched for Uwe Boll in the credits for hours), the original movie was such a well-developed, cohesive story that it became its own legend, and effectively a new Conan, with little more than a silhouette remaining of Howards vision of the character. This easily allows a carryover story that can both flow seamlessly from the movie, as well as pick up where Howards vision of the King begins. I consider it a perfect opportunity to meld the diverging arcs, and form what could be at least a two movie epic completion of saga that has long awaited an understanding hand to guide it.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

i liked Conan The Barbarian very much.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Yesterday I watched Arnold’s movie Last Action Hero on TV. It is the story of a boy who is a very great fan of Arnold and who goes to a cinema hall to watch Arnold’s movies. There is an old man who runs the cinema hall who is the boy’s friend called Nick. Nick had a magic ticket which he had been gifted by Houdini the magician when he was a boy. Nick gives this ticket to Danny the boy who through this ticket goes to the alternative world of the movies and gets to meet Arnold who is playing the role of Jack Slater - an action hero. Danny constantly thinks that he is in the movie and he knows what will happen next since he had already seen this movie and now he gets to be a part of this.However the villain of this movie gets the half of magic ticket and through it he comes to the real world. Also he brings back all the villains of the movies into the real world. To stop this Jack Slater and Danny comes into the real world and Jack Slater just can’t get it right since he conducts himself as an action star in the real world and nothing goes like the way of movies in the real world. So Danny transports Jack Slater back to the alternate world of the movies and once again Jack Slater gets his ways right as the action star. The scene where Jack Slater and Danny are parting ways and will never get to see each other again is very poignant. Arnold as Jack Slater tells Danny that he has to get back to the real world since he has to take care of his mother and also live a real life. I also get to identify myself as Danny and so million others as we all are great fans of the incredible : Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-05-17

PM

Conan would be the best choice (and it’s Con-an - not Ko-nan). Howard’s portrayal of Conan is much better than the hacks who latter ripped him off in the never ending sequels; he grew into a remarkably competent king. The real movie he should make (he was as born for this as he was Conan), is The Drwaing of the Dark. It’s all here, warfare, magic adventure and beer! No need to get into Olympia shape either, this role is made for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Drawing_of_the_Dark

And no, I’m not Tim Powers and I have no interest in the book at all.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Conan seems to be the most popular choice.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-10-27

PM

Mister Schwarzenegger I have read your book and really couldn’t put it down it was very insightful and I learn’t so much of your history. What I can’t understand is you have 4 children but why would you call your son Christopher after you had a daughter named Christina like what do you call them as nicknames cause it would be hard if you would yell hey Chris and both would answer. I keep trying to get a copy of Total Recall and others like Conan the Barbarian but I can’t seem to get them, they have newer versions of all I want but they aren’t the same like Total Recall in one scene this woman was adding more nail polish with a computer now that’s high tech and since I love nail polish i get these stickers you put on the nails from nail art and I would love it if you would show us what that guy from Total Recall looks like now like did he get married to the woman he helped,do they have children and grandchildren. Thank You I do ride my bike everyday for exercise and I was a Republican now I’m a Democrat.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Arnold writes that he’s a Republican. i wonder if he can become a Democrat. That’d brighten up his prospects.  He writes in his book that he picked his second-in-command staff when he was Governor Susan Kennedy who was a Democrat. Also Ms. Maria Shriver is Democrat.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

I would like to see him playing Conan, the King Conan, ultimate movie that fans need