Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → The Spark → Commitment → Thread

how do I begin to get really motivated for fitness?

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

I cannot do this and I want to get myself in better shape until fitness is an addiction!

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

Here’s what I did when I first started weightlifting:
I started lifting light weights & substitute foods instead of changing the whole diet plan. Once you start getting used to this sort of lifestyle consider getting a journal & write down your progress. Listening to workout songs & watching old school Arnold films do get me pumped up & get ready for the day. If you can try find someone who shares the same goal as you. It’s important to know that you need to be passionate about weight lifting as it’s what will push you through those hard times & making sure you stick to your goal.

Signature

It ain’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit & keep moving forward, how much you can take & keep moving forward, that’s how winning is done!!!
My website : http://buildmuscle.org

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

What I did was;

1: Throw that damn scale away! It’s one of the most demoralizing things you can own! You will be making progress, burning fat and building muscle, but the scale will barely budge (depends on diet and type of workout of course). But if you’re busting your ass and the scale barely moves you’ll most likely be like “Meh, no progress, screw this”

Instead, take a photo of your body once a month and watch the actual progress. That, to me, is one of the most motivating things you can experience smile

2: Consider what you eat. I’m not saying go on some extreme diet or starve yourself, just try to eat healthy, skip the second serving, avoid snacks and soda as much as possible. This will help alot with the progress.

3: If you’re on facebook, find and like some fitness pages. Days when I lack the motivation and I get on facebook and see some incredably fit person on my facebook wall, that will move me to the gym. Simply because I have the mindset of “What an incredable body, I can and want to achieve that!!”

4: Set some short-term and long-term goals.

Also, stick with it a month or two with 3-5 workouts a week. No excuses (except being sick I guess), just make time for it and go. If you do that for a month, the progress alone should be enough to make you want to keep doing it.

Well, that’s what I did anyway, and now I’m totally hooked and find myself getting more picky with what I eat to help my progress, and force myself to go on the days I don’t want to, to avoid breaking the habit. It may not be the most of fun some days, but just consider why you started, how far you have come, and where you want to go, and you will think to yourself “It will be worth it”

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2012-07-27

PM

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=311

Signature

signature_image

See you at the party, Richter!

Visit http://www.thearnoldfans.com/

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-12-09

PM

The best way to get motivated is not to look at what you have to do to get the result you want but to imagine what it is going to feel like when you get the results. You can’t get the results you want by thinking about going to the gym you have to go to the gym even when you don’t want to. People loose motivation when they find out that lifting weights isn’t instant satisfaction they want to see the results after 1 time at the gym but thats not the way it works. It is a lot of work but what you get out of it is purely what you put into it.