Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → Movies → Movies → Thread

King Conan movie?

Poll: Do you want to see a King Conan movie staring Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Total Votes: 19
Yes
No
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

I would love to see Arnold star in a King Conan movie :D

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

I haven’t seen the first Conan film : Conan The Barbarian. But I have watched the sequel : Conan The Destroyer and though the second part did not do well in box-office I liked the movie nevertheless. Conan helps a lady become the queen after all the odds against him and lead a group of warriors who join Conan since they are freed by Conan’s help against the clutches of evil forces. In the end Daggoth arises after the horn is placed on his nose and it is Conan who uproots the horn and kills the huge monster Daggoth and helps the lovely lady become the queen. But Conan does not join her and sets his path on his own to rule his own kingdom.

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-10-27

PM

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-10-28

PM

Of course I would love to see Arnold return to his original role as Conan. But now that he’s much older and his physicality has diminished greatly since his 20’s, we can’t expect for him to get all muscular once again. And not to mention Arnold’s open heart surgery prohibits that he pumps his heart too hard.
Lord knows when he was training in his teens and twenties, Arnold pushed himself harder than any man was built to push himself.
That’s why he became so legendary in the body building business. He went harder and longer. Always the first guy to arrive at the gym and the last one to leave the gym.
That’s what made him the great man he is today.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2012-07-27

PM

Arnold And ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Reunited: Universal Reboots Action Franchise With Schwarzenegger
http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/arnold-and-conan-the-barbarian-reunited-universal-reboots-action-franchise-with-schwarzenegger/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like its happening!

Signature

signature_image

See you at the party, Richter!

Visit http://www.thearnoldfans.com/

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

DaRiverBoatQueen - 28 October 2012 12:16 AM

Of course I would love to see Arnold return to his original role as Conan. But now that he’s much older and his physicality has diminished greatly since his 20’s, we can’t expect for him to get all muscular once again. And not to mention Arnold’s open heart surgery prohibits that he pumps his heart too hard.
Lord knows when he was training in his teens and twenties, Arnold pushed himself harder than any man was built to push himself.
That’s why he became so legendary in the body building business. He went harder and longer. Always the first guy to arrive at the gym and the last one to leave the gym.
That’s what made him the great man he is today.

Yeah, the Conan character’s portrayal would definitely require a muscular built unless Arnold covers himself up with clothes or rags to not reveal his bare body.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-11-01

PM

I don’t doubt that Mr. Schwarzeneggar could easily pull off playing the older version of a character he pioneered…. he is obviously still in great shape, and should we assume that Conan would not be an older version of himself? Does Arnold Schwarzeneggar not yet have a muscular build? We’re not talking about recasting with Eddie Deezen here… any recent photo shows that he has a physique that could accidently squish any current Hollywood 20-something A-lister.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Every fan of Arnold loves Arnold as King Conan.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-11-04

PM

Are you in recruiting for choregraphers for fencing scenes ?
If yes I am a fencing coach and i work both modern and medieval fencing with several partners,...
Rick.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1224

Joined 2012-07-25

PM

conan….....

Image Attachments

311336_510197475665579_192517306_n.jpgarnoldschwarzeneggerisj0.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

Great pictures.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

glower - 12 November 2012 12:07 PM

conan….....

Those are just superb pictures of Arnold as King Conan. Arnold would be great as Conan even now. More so now after all that he has gone throughout his life.

I finally watched the one of the best movies of Arnold on TV on Star Movies : CONAN THE BARBARIAN. It was just incredible. The brutal force and power of this movie. I was shivering while watching this movie. Oh what terriffyng movie it was, man. The experience will never leave me. How evil was Thulsa Doom. I definitely relate to this film. What a life Conan lead. What tremendous forces and experiences he had to endure. Yes,

Arnold is King Conan and King Conan is Arnold.

Rank

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

I registered just to cast my vote. Arnold is perfect for the role of King Conan. He already looks the part since he is older now. Pulling off the character would be easy for him.

btw, I watched about 5 minutes of the new Conan movie and thought I was going to puke.

I’m not a fan of Conan the Destroyer (don’t know wtf happened there)

But anyway, King Conan can only be right if Arnold gets together with Millius and makes it in the way of Conan the Barbarian. I would even suggest using some of the original musical score as inspiration for the sound track. And if another actor could be found to take the part of the great Mako(RIP) as the story teller and an appearance by Subotai (Gerry Lopez) would be awesome. Ok I don’t know the whole story of King Conan or if Subotai is there but please don’t bring in some idiot like Malak (he was one of the stupid things that ruined Conan the Destroyer for me)

Ok I’ve voted and said my piece.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

isimmons - 22 December 2012 08:59 AM

I registered just to cast my vote. Arnold is perfect for the role of King Conan. He already looks the part since he is older now. Pulling off the character would be easy for him.

btw, I watched about 5 minutes of the new Conan movie and thought I was going to puke.

I’m not a fan of Conan the Destroyer (don’t know wtf happened there)

But anyway, King Conan can only be right if Arnold gets together with Millius and makes it in the way of Conan the Barbarian. I would even suggest using some of the original musical score as inspiration for the sound track. And if another actor could be found to take the part of the great Mako(RIP) as the story teller and an appearance by Subotai (Gerry Lopez) would be awesome. Ok I don’t know the whole story of King Conan or if Subotai is there but please don’t bring in some idiot like Malak (he was one of the stupid things that ruined Conan the Destroyer for me)

Ok I’ve voted and said my piece.

Rank

Joined 2013-01-22

PM

it has to be The Oak.
How could I get a part in that movie? I’m an English actress, ex-boxer, I’ve had three kids and am back in great shape and chomping at the bit to get into that film as a strong leading woman - what a great role model for my daughters…...

Rank

Joined 2013-01-23

PM

Chris - 07 September 2012 02:23 PM

I would love to see Arnold star in a King Conan movie :D

I would love to see dwayne jhonson working with schwarzenegger on the new Conan movie, A legendary king (Conan) and his loyal apprentice fighting to protect his people and finally somehow Conan reunited with his love. Include Dwayne Jhonson in the franchise and you’ll have material for many more Conan movies later.