Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → The Spark → Commitment → Thread

What can local governments, and local citizens do to increase local green energy?

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-10-06

PM

What can local governments, and local citizens do to increase local green energy?

I think every community can look at its own resources and realities and change the need for dirty energy, or long distance energy that costs more.

The big energy companies will not like it, but I think companies that have had local energy for many decades will not be adverse to returning to that model.

I think we can offer scholarships to science students and classes to address certain local areas, and also, incentives to energy companies to change to green. We could also offer a “home free” period in which companies with huge problems could come clean, get help for their victims, and to clean up the mess and to save their jobs, and companies for coming clean.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

jst4horses - 06 October 2012 11:41 PM

I think every community can look at its own resources and realities and change the need for dirty energy, or long distance energy that costs more.

The big energy companies will not like it, but I think companies that have had local energy for many decades will not be adverse to returning to that model.

I think we can offer scholarships to science students and classes to address certain local areas, and also, incentives to energy companies to change to green. We could also offer a “home free” period in which companies with huge problems could come clean, get help for their victims, and to clean up the mess and to save their jobs, and companies for coming clean.

Here in New Delhi our Government has emphasized on planting lots of trees and saying no to polythene bags which are not bio-degradable.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Nature is God’s greatest gift. We have to conserve it. i find that whenever i feel lonely, worried or too frustrated going out into the outdoors from my house helps a lot. Here in Delhi being a big city may not connect me with nature but certainly mingling with the crowd in a market or going outdoors certainly relieves me.

Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-05-17

PM

“Green” energy is a fraud. It’s a scam.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-10-06

PM

I would wonder what you could possibly base that statement upon. I worked at Cal Tech for several years and there is nothing fraudulent about green energy. There may be some companies that are not on the up and up, but that is just about any kind of company, including every type of energy we are currently using.