Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → The Spark → Commitment → Thread

Arnold’s influence on my life. 

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-01-10

PM

Ever since I read Arnold’s book I started changing my life for the better. Because I was inspired and he is a role model. I wanted to learn about him, because I was so amazed at everything he has done. Because I want to achieve also. So, I have been working out harder at the gym and pushing myself harder. I even keep my apartment cleaner, and I am staying alot more positive. I think I owe Arnold because his influence has made me happier and I am not depressed. He taught me to be strong minded and have a strong will. I also think about reps and miles, because everything you do, you just have to think it’s just a matter of doing the reps or miles. So, you just really crank it up. Even when it comes to asking out a girl, something I was scared to do sometimes, I just have to think what would Arnold do? Would he be scared or chicken? Or would he wanna walk away a strong man, that wasn’t afraid to fail? I am even seeing my career make more progress. I have even been sleeping 6 hours, although I need to catch up a little on the weekend. But, I am just applying it to everything I do. Being like Arnold, is living life, it’s not being afraid to go after you want and being strong and positive until you get there. I even play music, and it is also something really good to apply to that also. I am also giving back more, I tip 20%. I’m just happier, stronger, more disciplined, and more motivated. I really love fitness, that’s how I got into Arnold. I remember his movies really amazed me as a kid, Terminator 2, Jingle all the Way, True Lies and End of days some of my favorites.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-06-20

PM

Well done to you!

Mr Schwarzenegger has inspired me since I was a kid.  I love his movies, not to mention the motivation he has displayed in the heights of his physical prowess.  I was never a very physical person when I was young but I have achieved many of my dreams through a mindset of “What Would Arnie Do?”

This started as a bit of fun between me and my friends many years ago, but it always stuck with me.  many of my life goals have been ticked off my life “to do” list.

Also very proud to have seen the man in person in Florida while visiting the united states at the end of the 90’s.  I didn’t say Hi simply because i’m sure the man gets bothered enough in his day to day life without me adding to it!  I remember he was wearing a very colorful shirt!

Rank

Joined 2013-07-04

PM

Arnold is a great example in many aspect of life. I think his strength to achieve the goals he want is his greatest virtue. I was rather disappointed when I learned that he had a son with a woman not his wife. But finally, this confirms he is a human being.
He was and he is a huge motivation to me to train at gym.
I salute you, Arnold!!!

Rank

Joined 2013-07-07

PM

In 1979 Arnold and I did a T.V. show in Seattle, Washington.(Seattle today) I had written a book about exercises one can do in a shower and bath. He had just written his first book for women and how working with weights is so critical to maintaining strength, especially as we age. He was so ahead of his time!!  When He demonstrated my shower exercises with me,he couldn’t have been more friendly and encouraging. I have since written a book about “posture” and how relevant it is to our health and fitness.I designed a way to keep us posture/aware and eliminate slouching. I would love to share it with him. Would that be possible? Tell him that next June I will be 90 years old and am still writing and teaching! My email address is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). I would love to hear from him. I wonder if he remembers me!

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-02-16

PM

As a child when i first saw Arnold it was not in bodybuilding it was in a movie call scavenger hunt when i saw him , from that moment it clicked inside me that i wanted to know more about this actor and then I saw him in Hercules in new York then my life changed at that point. My grand Uncle was Mr. Bahamas IFBB and most of my moms brothers were lifting weights and into bodybuilding so the bug had it me from i was 10 years Old.
I was always big for my age lifting our car to change a flat tire changing the engine head on a Bulldozer by myself at 17 they weighed like 300 ponds with a lot of torque. But all through my life Arnolds life helped make me into who i am today. When i went to the United States to go to College my mom did not have the money to pay for me to get in so i bought an Arnold book and read how he made a master plan. I wrote my master plan out to following his focus and drive. So I went back to the Bahamas and kept to the plan i came back with no place to stay no car but before i left i sold my ford ranger to a family member and he was holding $500.00 for me. I called him up and he gave it to me i purchased 2 Old lawnmowers from my uncle and a few tools. At the time me and my wife were staying at my mother in laws house. So I used her car to do my work, she worked nights so i had from early in the morning until 12:30 pm to return her car me one i had 2 huge middle class sub divisions that were kept by mostly me. i worked hard. i made millions from Landscaping. Then i lost everything from a hit and run accident I had to learn how to walk again. at the time i started bodybuilding. That discipline my mine as a Champion i never wanted to be Mr. Olympia but i was going to the best at it and understood it. I came out the first year a fat boy everyone laughed at me the following year i won the show and most improve. Today i dont do landscaping on that magnitude anymore but now i and going into farming and creating the farming industry in the Bahamas and the Trade Industry as well. the Bahamas Government has given me 100,000 acres of land for farming and i have acquired the funding to do the huge project. Everything was finalize 3 weeks ago. Thank you Arnold