Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → The Spark → Commitment → Thread

Real Bodybuilding

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

This is a topic that I feel is neglected. I want to cover a topic on here: pre-80’s bodybuilding like Arnold, Franco, Larry Scott, Ken Waller, Sergio. Mike Mentzer for 1 year (Arnold’s 1980 Olympia will be included) and how to get he public back into the REAL bodybuilding scene. If you want to talk about Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman GTFO. Now we will cover all bodybuilding going up top the late 70’s. So Reg Park and Steve Reeves and other 40’s, 50’s era legends will be included as well. So have fun with this and all talk is accepted except for any arguments of steroids. Everyone knows all bodybuilders after Reg Park bodybuilders use the juice. So lets get started.

Image Attachments

Arnold_Schwarzenegger_wallpaper_65.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-25

PM

Steeve Reeves, Arnold & Sergio all the way for me. I personally find the guy’s around today have really “thick” mid - sections, & the waists aren’t as small as they could be. Do we have too much knowledge today? Arguably, we’ve not produced a better bodybuilder, only a bigger one.

Rank

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

It’s not as much about proportions as it is about getting huge.  We need to bring back the golden era.  Steve Cook is trying to do this.  Guys like Reeves and Park looked awesome.  I’m a huge Vince Gironda fan as well.

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

I don’t really like Steve Cook’s physique but Vince Gironda’s is very nice.