Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → The Spark → Progress → Thread

Celiac Disease and more…

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-07-28

PM

Dear Mr. Schwarzenegger,

Renewable energy and Sustainable Business brought me to your web activities; perhaps your first love can help me renew my energy and sustain my body.

In the past few years my health has deteriorated. It took many failed attempts at getting a doctor to acknowledge a problem, research on my own and trial-error experiments to figure out what was happening. Long story short, eliminating gluten and dairy from my diet has helped end some of the biggest problems, but finding the right “replacement” foods has been the greater challenge.

I have heard that bodybuilders have good nutritional information along with better body repair ideas. Do you also have some knowledge of good alternatives for those of us with dietary restrictions, food allergies, etc.?

I would really be interested in your thoughts and ideas. Thank you for sharing your life and knowledge with the world like this. Opening minds and moving mountains inspires many, including me.

Shawna

Rank

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

Hey Shawna…I’m not Arnold but I may have something that interests you.

My recent article on T-Nation covers this here:
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/turbocharging_digestion

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-07-28

PM

Thank you for the article. It is nice to know I am not alone with food restrictions. I hadn’t thought of sauerkraut quite like that before; I will try it and see.
Elimination diets also limit certain vitamins and minerals. Supplements have to be free of all allergens. Is there a product out there that is built without any of the problem food sources?
Thanks again for the response.

Shawna

Rank

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

Creatine, BCAA’s, leucine, unflavoured whey isolate (maybe)