Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → The Spark → Progress → Thread

Mass gaining

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-25

PM

Ive recently changed my workouts and started focusing on the whole body on different days and trying to build up strength in my weak areas as well as strengthening my strong areas my last weigh in i weighed 148lbs ive brought it to 165 in a little over a month i want to gain some more mass any tips?

Rank

Joined 2012-07-24

PM

It also depends on what you eat and how much you are eating, what is your diet like exactly? =

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

try eating nothing but steaks and shoot yourself up with Anadrol

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-07-21

PM

eating right is the key

Rank

Joined 2012-07-25

PM

Im in the marine corps so ive just been eating at the chow hall trying to eat mostly chicken lately and taki g protein throughout the day

Rank

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

Always try to get stronger in all your workouts.  Stick to big compound movements.  Eat as much meat as you can.  Avoid processed foods.  Get as much sleep as possible.

The basics are king.

Rank

Joined 2012-07-25

PM

thanks yall every week i try push a little heavier anywhere from 5-10 pounds even for a few reps to try to push harder and get to a higher level starting to get into some power lifting and doing more lower back workouts any tips on good form? having a little trouble with dead lifts and keeping my back straight.

Rank

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

sylvester1 - 26 July 2012 05:06 PM

thanks yall every week i try push a little heavier anywhere from 5-10 pounds even for a few reps to try to push harder and get to a higher level starting to get into some power lifting and doing more lower back workouts any tips on good form? having a little trouble with dead lifts and keeping my back straight.

You’re going to want to do 2 things: increase hip mobility, reset the deadlift between reps, and only stick with the range of motion that leaves you pain free.

Here’s how to do it.

Increase Hip Mobility:
Add this to your warmup.
Here’s my boy Mark Young showing off single leg rdl’s.  If you have no balance, do it in a door frame.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/EXEK_pNnomE?rel=0

Reset the Deadlift
Between each rep of the deadlift, stand up straight and reach towards the sky.  Get back down into position, get tight, and lift for the next rep.  Total back sparing tip.

Reduce Range of Motion
Any of my clients who don’t have the mobility to lift from the floor will lift from the rack like so (thanks to Jay Ferruggia for the vid):
http://www.youtube.com/embed/DhzbxFfz43U?rel=0

With the rack deadlift, every 2 weeks, try to move the pins of the squat rack 1 position lower until you can lift from the floor pain free.

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-07-22

PM

sylvester1 - 26 July 2012 05:06 PM

Squats and Deadlifts as far as can be useful,so and harmful,you must have 100% great technique and strong lower back,otherwise do them on the rack.But even if you have right technique you must strengthen your lower back before full squats and deadlifts.
Besides that you need to do hyperextensions 3 times a week,you also need to do powerlifting deadlifts from your knees on the rack or even slightly higher,when you will be able to lift 2X of your bodyweight,put the bar one level down,and start with your weight,on and on until you reach to the floor!

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-08-01

PM

thanks

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-08-19

PM

Ya, hip and ankle mobility drills will help get yourself into that proper neutral spine position so you can perform the movements safer and cleaner.

Signature