Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → Movies → Movies → Thread

King Conan movie?

Poll: Do you want to see a King Conan movie staring Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Total Votes: 19
Yes
No
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

i have watched the film “Conan The Barbarian” a few times on TV and it was a very powerful film. It covered the span of Conan’s life from his childhood to a strong warrior. One day after turning the TV suddenly i saw that another movie titled “Conan The Barbarian” which must have been made recently was being aired. It didn’t have Arnold in it. The treatment of the new “Conan The Barbarian” was very violent and exaggerated. i didn’t watch the film. But i really liked the original “Conan The Barbarian” which had Arnold in it.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

i read somewhere that Arnold’s popularity soared high after he did the movie : Conan The Barbarian since the readers of the Conan comics appreciated the movie about Conan and since the movie was so well made ( Conan The Barbarian ) the fans of Conan comics identified with Arnold Schwarzenegger. However the mellowed down sequel : Conan The Destroyer failed to captivate the viewers since it was not directed by Milius who had directed the Conan The Barbarian. Arnold was supposedly signed on the contract to make a Conan movie every two years but Arnold decided not to continue with the Conan character anymore after the disappointing second movie about Conan : Conan The Destroyer and instead he signed up : The Terminator which proved to be the landmark movie of Arnold. However Arnold signed up to play the character Lord Kalidor in the movie : Red Sonja and was told that it was a cameo but eventually he played the part of hero along with the actress Brigitte Nelson who played the heroin. The characterization of Arnold as Lord Kalidor was exactly like the Conan character except for the name being Kalidor. All these developments disturbed Arnold and he decided to not do the Conan character anymore.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

From what i have been watching Arnold’s latest pictures i noticed that he is bulking and beefing up and is pumping iron. He is getting his fabulous body back. i think he is really seriously working out. That’s good news.

Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-05-17

PM

Arnold was born to play Conan..too bad he was saddled with weak scripts. He might be able to pull off a King Conan, though a re-launch of the franchise might make better sense. There’s a French rugby player who would make a great Conan (and it’s Con-an, not Ko-nan. Who wrote Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Con-an Doyle).

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

i don’t know why no one likes the second part of Conan’s movie : “Conan The Destroyer” but i like it very much. i really liked the funny character Malak who is really afraid and not too daring among the group of the team led by Conan to search for the horn which would be placed on Dagoth to awaken him and Jehna the princess who is the chosen one because of her virginity and mark on her would be sacrificed to awaken Dagoth and all hell will break lose. The journey led by Conan was taken up by Conan because he was promised that Conan’s queen Valeria would be brought back to life and both : the reigning sorcerers queen and her loyal and huge guard Bombatta planned to kill Conan once Jehna returns with the horn. In the journey Zula - a fierce woman warrior rescued by Conan from captivity and being harassed by the mob decided to team up with Conan and also Akiro - the wizard who was captured by cannibals to become devoured by them was also rescued by Conan and Akiro also joined them. So Conan was the leader leading : Jehna (the princess), Bombaata ( the caretaker of Jehna and also the most trusted man of the reigning queen), Akiro, Zula and the funny Malak were on their journey filled with dangers and perils ultimately bring back the horn and as the reigning queen and the leader wizard and their guards planned to sacrifice Jehna were thwarted by Conan and his team and after killing Dagoth the evil god by uprooting the horn by Conan as suggested by Akiro the magician and one of the team member of Conan finally the fearsome Dagoth was killed and both the chief wizard and the evil sorceress the queen were killed as well as Bombatta was also killed by Conan. Once after being enthroned as the new queen Jehna wanted to rule with Zula as the guards’s Captain being a ferocious warrior despite being a woman ( funny that she was afraid of no one but after seeing a mice she became afraid), also Akiro was made the wizard who would impart knowledge and guidance to Jehna the queen and also Malak was entrusted with the role of a clown who would entertain the queen Jehna. Conan refused to rule with her and tears streamed from Jehna’s eyes as she had fallen in love with Conan and she requested Conan to rule with her but Conan refused and went in search for his own kingdom because Conan had the utmost love and deep respect for Valeria (who in the first part of the Conan movie “Conan The Barbarian” had fought bravely with Conan, saved Conan during his most dreaded moment made to hang on a crucifix by the most evil sorcerer Thulsa Doom who had also murdered Conan’s father and mother when Conan was a child and had made Conan a slave) . Thus Conan could never accept another woman as his wife except Valeria who was a great warrior and a great woman and also a beautiful woman. i really liked “Conan The Destroyer” and in my perception it was a great entertaining movie with lots of magic, sorcery, fantasy, high adventure, also funny moments and high action depicting olden times when everything was different. Arnold was very very muscular and weilded his heavy sword very well. Arnold’s portrayal of Conan was absolutely great and he gave a great performance in the movie. The movie was not that tense and brutal and was a pleasurable and excitingly easy watching pleasure which is why i enjoyed the movie very much.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Conan The Barbarian must count amongst Arnold’s one of the best films of all times. It was epic and magnificent!

i caught the last part of Conan The Barbarian on TV quite a few days back and it really made a lasting impact on me.

Thulsa Doom shoots Valeria with an arrow of snake and Valeria passes away in Conan’s arms. She had been a huge support for Conan. Conan was in visibly shattered and in a distressed state and he makes a death bed for Valeria and enflames it.

While Conan’s friend has tears in his eyes the wizard asks his friend why he is crying? He replies since Conan is a Cimmerean he won’t cry and so he was crying for Conan.

Conan sets up traps for Thulsa Doom and his army of fighters and in the battle that ensues Conan and his friend crushes the evil forces of Thulsa Doom but Thulsa Doom escapes.

Conan himself goes to the palace from where Thulsa Doom is addressing his devoted followers in millions in numbers who are enraptured by the evil powers and sorcery of Thulsa Doom.

Conan faces Thulsa Doom who had killed Conan’s parents in front of Conan when Conan was, but a child and had enslaved Conan.

Thulsa Doom endeavors to hypnotyze Conan with his eyes and words “... My son,...my son…. I am the wellspring from which you flow…”

Conan is distracted for a moment but regains his senses and gets a grip on himself and severs the head of Thusa Doom from his body and throws the head down the steps towards the followers of Thulsa Doom.

The spell being broken…. they scatter,... throwing their lanterns into the water and Conan takes the princess’s hands to lead her to her estranged father from whom the princess had run away to join Thulsa Doom’s cult.

RankRank

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2013-06-25

PM

it’s time now! Arnold is loosin his body, gettin old… it’s really time for that movie! Will be a perfect role now that arnold his at his age. and still straight and tall that movie his what weve been waitin for so many years!

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

i read that “The Legend of Conan” was supposed to be made but nowadays there’s no news of it. Of course it’d be physically very challenging for Arnold to play Conan now that he’s aged.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1224

Joined 2012-07-25

PM

Sudeb Banerjee - 18 September 2014 11:40 PM

i read that “The Legend of Conan” was supposed to be made but nowadays there’s no news of it. Of course it’d be physically very challenging for Arnold to play Conan now that he’s aged.

ARNOLD IS A CYBERNETIC ORGANISM, LIVING TISSUE OVER METAL ENDOSKELETON

When he was in Delhi (India) last week he said the script was almost done…. and the movie is going to happen….

Untill then enjoy these posters which I made….

Image Attachments

Untitled-2_copyzzzzzzz_copy0.jpgUntitled-2.jpgZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Thank you glower!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-05-08

PM

Many years ago, way back in the 80’s, I remember reading that there were, then, plans for 4 Conan movies. 
1. Conan the Barbarian
2. Conan the Destroyer
3. Conan the Conqueror
4. Conan the King
What ever happened to this progression?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Had heard of “The Legend Of Conan” being made with Arnold. He had got into tremendous muscular shape for the movie. But haven’t heard about it for a long time now.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-05-29

PM

Hello everyone! ...and to all a good mood!
I have a view that the impressive grandeur of the phenomenon of Conan can not happen again after so many years overshadowed the first films, unfortunately ... But fortunately there are modern technologies and can be based on them to create at least a grand movie (or more series, or animation) of course with proper enthusiasm, ideas and resources. I’ve always admired this film and people who made it. It would be interesting to see the third film has a King Conan.

Image Attachments

006a.jpg

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-03-23

PM

Да Конан. Ведь фильм то стал популярен во всем мире.  Хорошо сыграл роль, жаль третья часть не вышла, жаль что Арнольд не смог принять участия в съемках третьей части.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-07-14

PM

King Conan

Image Attachments

xMAVyJ4_copy_967x1200.jpg