Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → The Spark → Commitment → Thread

Perhaps not in place… but it’s a true life story…

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-12-15

PM

Hey,

Many of us looks for motivation, so do I…

Let me present to You story of my life (the boring part).
I was born in a small town, without any perspectives for greater achievements, or any at all. All I have had is my passion to music. Since childhood it has been my inner world, I see music (random pictures) not only hear it. With time I noticed that combined with my math skills it gives me a unique taste in music. A lot of people doubt that I can achieve anything without a solid music background. So I started primary music school. But to pass entrance exams at Music Production and Sound Engineering at University of Music I had no chance at all. Even the dean (at my first music conducting studies) made a sarcastic comment in front of a choir (about 50 people) that me… going to that University.. haha I’m deaf… 3 years had passed of extreme learning and studying after hours and in front of the same choir I announced to that dean… you remember what you said that day… she replied “yes” so imagine now… that deaf person (me) just passed the entrance exams. The expression on her face was priceless…. I was 22 at that moment. Next years were like fairytale. I got my first serious job, I still were working hard after hours learning music production and composition at my own hand as well. It’s not so easy to learn anything that is valid when you’re living in Poland. The know-how is so strictly kept away from noobies.
Years has passed and all that time I have been improving my skills and talents. During that time I was misguided, many times robbed from intellectual property and so on. The market has changed, many music banks appeared and being a music producer without recognition (I’m commercials music producer) is making my everyday life a struggle. Actually already I was made to get back 24/7 to work as sound engineer. That hurts when you dream about something, give 110%, and still it’s not enough. During last 2 years I made hundreds of things to change that. But I’m running out of options. Every idea I have, thou sometimes I manage to reach beyond any expectations leads to a dead end.
Imagine the pain within me, if only being given a chance I can create music at world best standards and expectations. And now slowly I’m thinking about having a family and I can’t afford it.
It’s different when you’re a lazy person and just complaining… it’s different situation when your commitmen, dedication it’s not enough.
I know that Mr Schwarzenegger was in kind a same situation, so can I ask for advice what should I do next?? I’d love to create music, cowork with productions that have value, and would mean something to me.

Best
Rafal

RankRank

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2013-06-25

PM

Keeep on doing it

RankRank

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2013-06-25

PM

Arnold Schwarzenegger have so much to do…... He would never talk to us.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-12-15

PM

I’m sorry for delayed response.

I believe Mr. Schwarzenegger is replying to some of the posts. Perhaps undercover, otherwise what would be the point of this blog/ forum??

We just need to be patient smile