Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → The Spark → Progress → Thread

Workouts

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-08-01

PM

hello m an ectomorphand have been training since 2 years.I followed a workout routine Sir arnold gave in his book ” encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding” ie six days training and 1 day off. A lot people were saying that i was overtraining so I tried a new workout split
chest &biceps;
back
delts & triceps
legs
but i didnt notice any progress. Also I am lacking back thickness and arm size. Now I am thinking to change my routine to
chest & triceps
back
delts
arms(biceps & triceps)
legs
please comment on this and give suggestions if you have.
thanks

Rank

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

You are actually my ideal client.

What I do with guys like you is master the basics first.  We’ll do 3 days per week with each workout having 1 lower body lift, 1 upper body push, and 1 upper body pull and we also try to get stronger.

Lower body lifts: squats, bulgarian split squats, deadlifts
Upper body Push: bench press variations, overhead press variations, pushups
Upper body Pull: Chinups, rows and their variations

Also, doing things like eating more meat and vegetables with each meal will help a ton.

After 3-6 months of doing this we’ll add in some isolation exercises.

Rank

Joined 2012-08-01

PM

Actually I dont eat meat. I am a pure vegetarian ie no meat, eggs and all. Also I had gained weight brilliantly doing six days training but after sometime. I stopped gaining so I increased my diet from 4 meals to 6 meals day with 2-3lbs of carbs per bodyweight.  I train intensly have gained 3 inches on my arms, 5 inches on my quads and hams, 2 inches on my calves,4 inches on my shoulders and 7 inches on my chest. Today a trainer in my gym told me that if you cant eat eggs n meat then forget bodybuilding. I think thats not true isn’t it?

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

It is true unless you take steroids or other such things.

Rank

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

bodybuilderinmaking - 02 August 2012 06:59 AM

Actually I dont eat meat. I am a pure vegetarian ie no meat, eggs and all. Also I had gained weight brilliantly doing six days training but after sometime. I stopped gaining so I increased my diet from 4 meals to 6 meals day with 2-3lbs of carbs per bodyweight.  I train intensly have gained 3 inches on my arms, 5 inches on my quads and hams, 2 inches on my calves,4 inches on my shoulders and 7 inches on my chest. Today a trainer in my gym told me that if you cant eat eggs n meat then forget bodybuilding. I think thats not true isn’t it?

Obviously, if you’re making good progress, then what you are doing is working for you.  Don’t let him tell you that you can’t do anything…just strive to be the best you can be.

Rank

Joined 2012-08-01

PM

thats what I told him today….a progress, small or big, is still a progress! thanks Jason for help. I’ll keep posting about my progress! and ya 1 more thing, I normally take workout shake immediately after training and after 30 mins I start my posing practice so my question is should I take post workout shake after both workout and posing or follow what I have been doing till now?

Rank

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

hey guys i’m new here but didn’t arnold train each body part two times a week?

Rank

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

I think he did sometimes.  Anyone else know?