Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → Movies → Movies → Thread

Why no mention of The Running Man on this website?

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

As above, got to be the best Arnold film!

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

I absolutely agree! But his best movie is The Terminator! wink

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

Terminator is Arnold playing a machine, where The Running Man is Arnold being Arnold!

Rank

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

Chris - 18 July 2012 08:58 AM

Terminator is Arnold playing a machine, where The Running Man is Arnold being Arnold!

Yes, but in that role (The Terminator) Arnold got perfection!

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-07-19

PM

Maybe he’s saving it for the re-runs?? wink

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-07-19

PM

Total Recall was my favorite Arnie flick…shame they are killing it with the new release..

Rank

Joined 2012-07-19

PM

Nah, the new release simply goes to show how awesome of a film the original was that they decided to even remake it.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Chris - 17 July 2012 03:47 PM

As above, got to be the best Arnold film!

http://www.schwarzenegger.com/filmography/movie/the-running-man

Cool 80s stuff, might disagree on calling it the best, but hey, taste is taste!

Rank

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

The Running Man is good, not one of my favorites but the idea was great and Arnie’s classic one liner “That hit the spot.” lol

Signature

“You’re Fired!” - Harry Tasker - True Lies

Rank

Joined 2012-09-12

PM

I love the running man, definitely ONE of my favourites, but, lets be honest here people, I think Hercules in New York wins the big favourite here…. with such lines as “I haf to show zem huw to throw ze discoos”

Rank

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

Gibson - 12 September 2012 04:47 AM

I love the running man, definitely ONE of my favourites, no clue why it isn’t included in the website filmography….. then again neither is Hercules in New York, I mean who could forget that masterpiece?

I can see why Hercules New York wouldn’t be listed but The Running Man is way better than that and does deserve to be in the website filmography…

Signature

Rank

Joined 2012-09-12

PM

Arnold is Back - 12 September 2012 04:50 AM

I love the running man, definitely ONE of my favourites, no clue why it isn’t included in the website filmography….. then again neither is Hercules in New York, I mean who could forget that masterpiece?

I can see why Hercules New York wouldn’t be listed but The Running Man is way better than that and does deserve to be in the website filmography…

It is actually, if you click on “browse filmography”, ALL his movies are there! :D

Rank

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

Gibson - 12 September 2012 05:04 AM
Arnold is Back - 12 September 2012 04:50 AM

It is actually, if you click on “browse filmography”, ALL his movies are there! :D

Thanks, I see it now! smile

Signature

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

I really liked Arnold in Jingle All The Way. He is very expressive in his emotions in it.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

In the book “Total Recall”, Arnold writes that “The Running Man” had a great script. But since the director had been doing TV stuff that’s why the treatment of the film was low key. It was about a show in the future when America was in grim economic recession and common people had to participate in a show being telecast Live where they were being butchered by warriors of the show. It was a dark film and very serious. It’s got to be one of the more powerful film of Arnold at his peak in the late 1980s.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

“The Running Man” is one of the successful hits of Arnold’s films in the period in the mid and later 1980s when Arnold made some of the most stellar films like “The Terminator”, “Predator”, “Red Heat”, “Raw Deal”, “Total Recall”. “The Running Man” belongs to this era when Arnold’s name in the movies made success.