Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → The Spark → Progress → Thread

What do you recommend?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-08

PM

Hello,

I am a 15 year old boy living in England and I would like some help regarding how I can gain body weight. I have tried various equipment at the gym and I feel that I should have a suitable workout programme for my age.

Could you possibly recommend some workouts I could perform at the gym (or even some dumbell exercises as I have them at home).

Many thanks,
Bud Doward

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

Hi, I’m the same age as you and I’ve had a lot of success through Stronglifts, have a gander at my thread: http://www.schwarzenegger.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/63/
PM if you have any questions or want some proof or something like that :D

EDIT: You don’t get bigger in the gym, you get bigger in the kitchen! (and at rest)

Rank

Joined 2012-08-08

PM

TheBear - 08 August 2012 10:56 PM

Hi, I’m the same age as you and I’ve had a lot of success through Stronglifts, have a gander at my thread: http://www.schwarzenegger.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/63/
PM if you have any questions or want some proof or something like that :D

EDIT: You don’t get bigger in the gym, you get bigger in the kitchen! (and at rest)

Thanks for replying. I hate being short and everyone saying I have no muscle/abs at school, so that is my main reason to become big. My body weight is currently 50kg/110lbs (1.6 meters/5"3), and I am looking to increase it!

Rank

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

We’re still 15 so we have plenty of time for growth, although I don’t know if I want to grow much more! You should take their criticism and us it as fuel to spur you on and achieve your goals. I don’t know what it is like being in your situation as when I started Stronglifts I was already 6’3” and 200lbs and I played a lot of rugby, but if you need any help just ask!

I don’t suppose you could get your Dad or perhaps a brother, or a close, reliable friend to do it with you? It really does help having a training partner, especially as the weight gets heavier and you need a spotter (It’s not pleasant to be stuck underneath a lot of weight while bench pressing, trust me I know :D). It’s also good to have a bit of competition to motivate you to be the best you can be. Good luck!

Rank

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2012-07-23

PM

Master the basics, always get stronger, eat healthy food.

Since you are short, your muscles will look way bigger when you start to grow.  Franco Columbu was short but his muscle were HUGE.

Rank

Joined 2012-08-08

PM

JasonMaxwell - 09 August 2012 06:33 AM

Master the basics, always get stronger, eat healthy food.

Since you are short, your muscles will look way bigger when you start to grow.  Franco Columbu was short but his muscle were HUGE.

It’s very nice of you to post, and I’m thankful for that. But what ARE the basics?

Rank

Joined 2012-07-29

PM

Deadlift, Squat, Bench.

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-07-31

PM

general recommendation is seek others who know who you are and can help you…...................

or if not able to find others who you can listen to…......

note : for those who this applies to….........

for further instruction seek george bush and the bush foundation…..........................

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-08-19

PM

I recommend getting good at the basic lifts first.  Quality movement, foam rolling, and working on max strength will get you stronger.  Eat quality nutrients and alot of them if you’re looking to pack on muscle.  I give away a free program and muscle building diet plan at my site, http://starfactoryfitness.com/newsletter/ which might be a big help to you.

Signature