Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → Movies → Movie Characters → Thread

The Terminator

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-17

PM

Hi, Arnold!

I just want you to know you are my idol since I was a child!

I grew up with the Terminator character and I believe you were absolutely PERFECT for that fantastic role!

Thank you for inspiring me and other millions of fans!

God bless you and your family forever!

Saluti dalla Bella Italia!!!

P.S.:

Just a promise: there will come that day wherein I’ll meet you! wink

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-07-19

PM

Terminator was amazing !

Being little though, and watching the police-man kill the family and other innocent people did give me a fright for sometime when I was a kid.

I would also like to join Mauro to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU for all those movie roles; I doubt anyone else would have done the job half as good.

The commando, Jingle All the Way, True Lies, Predator; to name the few favourites…

I am so glad that Expendables 2 has come out, it’s such a ‘good-feeling’ reunion of all the ‘good guys’  that made me think that heroes must exist smile And I don’t mean the spider-bitten-or-experimentally-gone-wrong kind.

Thank You again !!

I can’t wait to buy “Total Recall” in UK in 84 days (they say)
All the best!

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-19

PM

Let’s keep our fingers crossed for a new Terminator movie!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-07-28

PM

Check out this video from Youtube. I think Arnold himself would be impressed with the time put into this Terminator make-up/video. Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTihgw41KDc

Rank

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

I heard they start filming next year, If I remember correctly Arnold said he will be filming for six months! Can’t wait smile HE’S BACK!!!

Signature

“You’re Fired!” - Harry Tasker - True Lies

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2012-07-27

PM

Oh man I haven’t heard anything about another Terminator movie. Great!

Signature

signature_image

See you at the party, Richter!

Visit http://www.thearnoldfans.com/

Rank

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2012-08-30

PM

Douglas Quaid - 31 August 2012 04:36 AM

Oh man I haven’t heard anything about another Terminator movie. Great!

Yeah it has been confirmed, it is going to be a sequel to Terminator Salvation….

Signature

“You’re Fired!” - Harry Tasker - True Lies

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 457

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Among all the Terminator movies, Terminator 2 Judgment Day is my all time favorite because of its sleek presentation, awesome action sequences and Arnold’s brilliant portrayal of the protector terminator trying to save the world. It really caught my imagination. Both the first part and the third part are an all-and-out pure action films. But T2 Judgment Day was the ultimate movie.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Terminator 3 : Rise Of The Machines is where Arnold helps John Connor and Katherine Brewster to live and fight for their survival. Arnold gives up his life so that they can live. Arnold plays the terminator which protects John Connor now an adult who will lead the human resistance force in the war against the machines and thwart Judgment Day from occurring. Skynet, the organisation, manufactures the machines and the robots. Arnold speaking with cold and immaculate precision devoid of all emotions is the ultimate fighting machine though inferior to the female terminator and yet Arnold puts up a strong fight in his efforts to protect. The crane sequence and other superb action sequences are inter spaced with powerful and awesome forced delivery of dialogues by Arnold. The treatment of the story is very futuristic, visually extravagant and strikes a chord in the heart mainly due to Arnold’s powerful acting performance.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

The Terminator movie which was the first part of the series which started it all has a small role of Arnold as the cyborg from the future which has been programmed to strike at Sarah Connor when she had not yet given birth to John Connor because John Connor would lead the war against the machines by the human contingent so that he would not become the leader. But Arnold fails in his attempt as the destroyer terminator and he is killed by Kyle Reese who is sent from the future to save and protect Sarah Connor. The chase sequences and the brutality of Arnold’s character is to be seen to be believed. After his success as Conan, Arnold gave another blockbuster hit with his movie The Terminator which established his superstardom in Hollywood with film after film to follow. The Terminator was a landmark movie in Arnold’s career with two more sequels to follow.

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

Sudeb Banerjee - 09 October 2012 11:33 PM

The Terminator movie which was the first part of the series which started it all has a small role of Arnold as the cyborg from the future which has been programmed to strike at Sarah Connor when she had not yet given birth to John Connor because John Connor would lead the war against the machines by the human contingent so that he would not become the leader. But Arnold fails in his attempt as the destroyer terminator and he is killed by Kyle Reese who is sent from the future to save and protect Sarah Connor. The chase sequences and the brutality of Arnold’s character is to be seen to be believed. After his success as Conan, Arnold gave another blockbuster hit with his movie The Terminator which established his superstardom in Hollywood with film after film to follow. The Terminator was a landmark movie in Arnold’s career with two more sequels to follow.

Sarah Connor killed him with the hydraulic machine and said you’re terminated mother******!!!”

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

THETerminate-er 600 - 13 November 2012 08:02 PM
Sudeb Banerjee - 09 October 2012 11:33 PM

Sarah Connor killed him with the hydraulic machine and said you’re terminated mother******!!!”

In Terminator series Arnold’s character of the terminator that he plays dies. I think that has struck a chord in the minds of the audiences and has made the terminator character portrayed by Arnold more popular.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

i was going through Arnold’s book “Total Recall” and Arnold has written in it that it was the role of Kyle Reese which was offered to Arnold first by Director Jim Cameron but Arnold was really talking to him about the Terminator character about how the person playing the role of the cyborg Terminator should show no emotions or feelings while wielding weapons of destruction or killing people and since Arnold had worked so hard to play the role of “Conan” in “Conan The Barbarian” before that rehearsing for hours and hours to perfect the role-playing and also Arnold had the training from Austrian Army in his earlier days when he was in Austria so Cameron was sure Arnold would be the ideal choice to play the Terminator character. But Arnold was skeptical since he knew if he got into roles of villains earlier in his career in the movies he would be typecast as villains in other movies that might come his way. But Cameron convinced Arnold that they would make the Terminator character focus of the movie and they might be able to turn this character into something heroic or stellar. So Arnold was sure he would play this role and of course the rest is history !

Rank

Joined 2013-06-03

PM

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-19

PM

Terminator 2 Judgment Day is one of the best movies i have seen ever. i can remember how John Connor was teaching Arnold - the terminator to protect John Connor - about communicating properly. He taught Arnold phrases like “Hasta La Vista Baby”, Trust Me, No Problemo and later in the movie Arnold fits them in appropriate sequences. Also the chase in the beginning with Arnold on a harley davidson motorbike and the evil more advanced terminator played by Robert Patrick on a huge truck.  Arnold shoots and reloads the gun in one hand at he at the same time,  riding the bike. In one of the greatest chase sequence Arnold picks up the boy John Connor from his moving bike and places him on his own bike which he was driving and shoots at the tyre of the truck which blows up in flames.In the countryside where Arnold, Sarah Connor and John Connor reach after rescuing Sarah Connor from the terryfying mental asylum where Sarah (- John Connor’s mother) - they get down at the family friend of Sarah Connor and Arnold was playing with John Connor saying “Give me five ” and Arnold claps John Connor’s palm and John Connor instanteniously removes his hand. Still Arnold doesn’t get angry and continues playing with John Connor. Sarah Connor was watching them all the time and thinks ” The terminator would never hurt or get angry or misbehaves with him. He would never be busy with own work but would always take care and protect John.“Also when John Connor was pleading with the terminator to take him and rescue his mother Arnold says “It would be tactically dangerous”. But as soon as John comes to know from Arnold that he was sent to follow John Connor’s Orders he immediately asks Arnold to prove it and says “Stand on one leg.” Without any question Arnold stands on one leg. Arnold was advised by John Connor that he should not kill anyone because you simply can’t. So when Arnold, Sarah Connor, John Connor and the “Skynet” chief Dyson whose company Skynet was building these machines—go together to destroy the place and the city’s whole police force arrives there to fight against them, Arnold who had promised he won’t kill people simply destroys their cars and in a breathtaking firing where he was shot at by the whole police force he renders them helpless and in his mind shows the statement : “Human Casualties 0.0”. In another breathtaking chase in the end Arnold moves over the moving van where he was with John Connor and Sarah Connor trying to escape from the villainous terminator coming behind them first with a helicopter and then with a tanker carrying “liquid nitrogen”, Arnold goes almost walking upon the moving van to the bonnet of the moving tanker and blasts away the villain and turns the steering ultimately making the tanker turn over and spilling the liquid nitrogen which makes the villain brittle and in a classic showdown Arnold picks up a revolver and shoots the brittle frame of the villain terminator with a great baritone :“Hasta La Vista Baby”. In the film Arnold sees tears in John Connor’s eyes and asks him “Why do you humans cry? “John replies it’s our emotions. But Arnold doesn’t understand being a machine. But in the end as Arnold goes away from mother-son duo and asks Sarah to self terminate Arnold because his mission had been accomplished after terminating the evil terminator - Arnold says :“Now i know why you cry.” It was a poignant and moving scene.
Sarah Connor in the end says"If a machine ( Arnold as the terminator) can understand the values of humans why do we human beings hate and fight each other”. It’s very significant that we are all one-world-one-family. Let’s all try to help and understand each other and be brothers and sisters. This human life is short and transient. Let’s all be good and support each other. No more hatred and no more wars.

Rank

Joined 2014-05-12

PM

The best by far!!! x x x x

Signature

“I’M THE ONE WHO KNOCKS”